Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS)’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS - serving PA, NJ and northern DE - is one of 11 regional Outward Bound USA schools.
A robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 6,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that inspire character development, leadership and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The Development and Events Coordinator supports the Advancement Director and Executive Director in reaching annual fundraising goals and advancing the mission of the Philadelphia Outward Bound School primarily through engagement with corporate donors, event sponsors, and major donors. This position shares responsibility for maximizing event opportunities to reach fundraising goals and to nurture positive relationships to cultivate and steward individual donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Part of the Advancement team in all fundraising activity, including database management, donation reconciliation and reporting, and donor relations.
- Together with the Advancement team, manage and maintain donor records in CRM system (Salesforce) in order to track progress to goals, maintain and keep current donor information.
- Support POBS with regular reports on progress against the fundraising budget for multiple stakeholders in the organization.
- Manage and support all aspects of annual fundraising and cultivation events, including mailing list management, donor acknowledgment, campaign and communications support, and meeting support.
- Help to produce small and large-scale annual fundraising events, including but not limited to house parties, gala dinners, and peer-to-peer fundraising events.
- Lead event implementation, participant outreach, operations, and committee support.
- Manage communications and benefit delivery for corporate sponsors.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Executive and Advancement Directors as needed.
- General Advancement Department administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Passionate about POBS’ mission.
- Commitment to excellence in producing high quality work.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior technology skills, specifically Microsoft Office products, Salesforce database management, and Google products.
- Compassionate and effective communicator (written and oral).
- General confidence with new technology and tools.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sound decision-making judgment.
- Experience in project management; fundraising event experience preferred.
- Experience managing or supporting a major appeal mailing.
- Desire to self-start and manage projects with specific goals, measurable and deadlines from start to finish with support.
- Strong personal motivation, initiative, follow through and commitment.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a professional administrative or support role (non-profit preferred).
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan, Paid Time Off and, when eligible, 401(k) retirement plan.
- Opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by July 13, 2018.