Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS)’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS - serving PA, NJ and northern DE - is one of 11 regional Outward Bound USA schools.
A robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 5,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that inspire character development, leadership and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The Facilities Coordinator will oversee all building and grounds maintenance for POBS. This role will be responsible for ensuring the facilities are safe, clean, up to code, and operational. Areas of oversight include managing contractors, training new employees, and working with third party vendors and agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordinating facility activities including but not limited to: event logistics, general repairs and maintenance, janitorial, and grounds keeping.
- Responsible for ensuring the grounds, office, lobby, meeting rooms, and event spaces are safe, clean, and equipped for guests.
- Performs daily handyperson tasks and physical hands on work including minor repairs, installations, hanging pictures, moving of furniture and equipment without support.
- Tasks must be done in a timely and cost effective manner, including: general repairs and maintenance, construction, relocations, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, cabling, security/alarm systems, appliances, painting, patching, pest control, janitorial, signage.
- Works closely with both Audubon PA and POBS Operations Managers to identify grounds and facility needs. Obtains necessary details to develop proper solutions and to identify vendors for implementation as needed.
- Organizes, schedules and documents work activities in close coordination with vendors and internal management following up on progress and verifies completion
- Works to identify cost effective solutions in all activities, while maintaining quality and timeliness
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates and supports any planning, construction, remodeling, relocation, move, or closure of a facilities, including The Discovery Center, The Lilacs House, Wigard Ave, and mobile facilities/events
- Provide on-call assistance as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Able to work nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of facilities, property/event management, construction and space planning.
- Use and upkeep of power equipment needed to maintain the facility- power tools, Golf Cart, Riding Mower, Chainsaw, Weedwacker, Snowblower, 4WD Truck, Plow, etc.
- Ability to think creatively and make smart and cost effective recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel & public.
- Possess a positive attitude. Integrity and Compassion are a must.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member and give positive and constructive feedback.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very strong and effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Microsoft and Google Suite.
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change.
- Strong personal motivation, initiative, follow through and commitment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Budget management experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must procure and pass all required background clearance checks, including but not limited to: FBI, PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Check, Drug Testing, MVR Driving Record Check
- Ability to carry, lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Irregular work hours as necessary.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- This is a part time position (24-32 hrs per week) that will require typically one weekend day of work per week. Schedule will fluctuate.