Marketing & Communications Internship
The Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS) is offering an internship for motivated, creative individuals looking for an opportunity to change lives and receive valuable experience working as part of a renowned experiential education organization. Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS)’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS – serving PA, NJ and northern DE – is one of 11 regional Outward Bound USA schools.
As a robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 6,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that inspire character development, leadership and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting our organization in several marketing initiatives.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Outward Bound has a long history and well established brand identity. The Marketing and Communications Intern will develop a solid understanding of how Outward Bound represents its brand in digital spaces and help bring that identity to life. You’ll capture the stories of our students and communicate to our community of supporters the valuable work happening in the field.
Successful candidates must have strong communication skills, acute attention to detail, and an ability to thrive in a high-paced work environment. Enthusiasm to implement innovative marketing ideas and explore new opportunities is valued.
Social Media Management
- Build Brand Awareness – Use Outward Bound’s Brand Manual as your guide to create rich dynamic content that engages POBS’ target audiences.
- Social Media – Create and schedule content for POBS’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn )
- Analytics – Track POBS performance across digital and social channels through analytics reports. Compare POBS’ performance using industry benchmarks.
As students and staff return from the field they will have many photos, videos and stories to share. Use these materials to help tell the story of POBS’ impact on our students, schools and community.
- POBS program participant stories – Archive and organize participant stories. Identify creative ways to utilize this content across platforms (website, email, and social media)
- Photo and video management – Select, edit and enhance photos and videos for POBS marketing and communications needs.
- Complete one dedicated marketing project while in role.
- Adobe Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator / Premiere Pro
- Microsoft Excel
This is a three-month seasonal position. Our hiring season begins in December and rolling applications will be accepted throughout the year for our seasonal Marketing & Communications Internship. Interns may apply / work for multiple seasons.
- Winter/Spring: Feb 15 – May 15*
- Summer: May 15 – Aug 15*
- Fall: Aug 15 – Nov 15*
*Option to participate in a Philadelphia Outward Bound School expedition available.
Expected weekly working commitment is 20 hours between Monday and Friday with flexible start times. College credit or stipend available.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Sophia Ozenbaugh at [email protected]