Project Manager for Corporate Relations
Founded in 1992, the Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS)’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS is one of 11 regional Outward Bound USA chartered schools serving the PA, NJ and northern DE region. Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know.
As a non-profit educational organization POBS annually engages more than 5,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that inspire character development, leadership and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
POBS is seeking a short-term Project Manager (PM) to implement a corporate outreach, sales and scholarship program, including event sponsorships for Building Adventure 2017. Working as part of the Advancement Department team, the PM will collaborate with the Marketing Manager, the Executive and Campaign Coordinator, the Advancement Director and Executive Director in reaching annual corporate fundraising goals. The PM will advance the mission of the Philadelphia Outward Bound School primarily through engagement with corporate donors and annual event sponsors. The PM is responsible for maximizing current and former event sponsorships and EITC relationships and to identify new opportunities for fundraising from corporate and business entities across POBS’ regional communities.
- Identify, develop relationships with, connect and engage with current POBS corporate donors and event sponsors in order to secure 2017 event sponsorships and annual contributions
- Manage all aspects of the EITC program including corporate donor cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgments.
- Together with the Advancement team, manage and maintain donor database in Salesforce in order to track progress to corporate goals and maintain and update corporate donor information.
- Support POBS with regular reports on progress against the corporate fundraising goals and budget.
- Manage and support all aspects of corporate fundraising and sponsorship benefits for events.
- Important member of the advancement team helping to produce annual fundraising events, including implementation, outreach, operations and, in particular, corporate sponsorships.
- Provide support to Advancement team to execute successful major fundraising events including the 2017 25th Anniversary Dinner and Building Adventure.
• Supports Executive and Advancement Directors as needed.
• General Advancement Department administrative support as needed.
• Proven success in managing a complex fundraising event from start to finish.
• Commitment to excellence in producing high quality work.
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
• Superior technology skills, specifically Microsoft Office products, Salesforce database management, and Google products.
• Excellent communications skills (written and oral).
• General confidence with new technology and tools• Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Sound decision making judgment
• Professional-level experience working with a team to organize fundraising events.
• Experience managing or supporting a major fundraising event
• Desire to self-start and manage projects with specific goals and deadlines from start to finish
• Strong personal motivation, initiative, follow through and commitment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Prior experience in event sponsorship or sales a plus
- This is a full-time independent contractor position for a short term engagement (maximum of 6 months)
- Position requires flexibility with work schedule. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Compensation will be in the form of a short-term contract (6/2017-11/1/2017) and is commensurate with experience.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
HR and Finance Manger
Philadelphia Outward Bound School
3250 West Sedgley Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19130