Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS)’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS - serving PA, NJ and northern DE - is one of 11 regional Outward Bound USA schools.
A robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 5,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that inspire character development, leadership and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The Corporate Relations Coordinator supports the Advancement Director and Associate Program Director (APD) of Center Based Programs in reaching annual fundraising and sales goals, respectively, and advancing the mission of the Philadelphia Outward Bound School through recruitment and engagement of corporate donors and sponsors, volunteers, and the professional community. This position shares responsibility for maximizing event opportunities to reach fundraising goals and to nurture positive relationships, and to cultivate and steward corporate sponsors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill enrollment and revenue targets (approx. $250,000) in POBS annual program plan for all corporate fee-for-service programs.
- Track, maintain and expand current relationships with corporate group partners.
- Research, identify and cultivate new corporate partners in Philadelphia and across the POBS region (PA, NJ, northern Delaware).
- Conduct direct mail, trade show/exhibit, telephone, in-person and digital sales and outreach activities.
- Identify and support programmatic client goals with the support of APD of Center Based Programs through intentional and strategic program design.
- Create program proposals for clients displaying creative program design and targeted team projects to meet client’s needs.
- Identify and report Outward Bound Professional program staffing needs to APD of Center Based Programs following contract creation.
- Attend and/or facilitate corporate programs both on- and off-site to foster and cultivate client relationship.
- Provide client with post-program feedback and recommendations based upon program observations and the identified long-term client goals.
- In collaboration with POBS Marketing Manager, create and manage corporate program sales and marketing materials, communication strategies (including web-based and digital), and outreach and sales strategies and activities.
- In collaboration with APD of Center Based Programs and POBS Finance and HR Manager, ensure corporate course information is provided to corporate program partners on time, including proposals, contracts, invoices and participant enrollment materials.
- Coordinate all sales and outreach meetings with corporate program partners, including all pre-course briefings and prep sessions.
- Provide consistent in-person client relationship management through all steps of client engagement from service projects to program delivery.
- Work strategically and collaboratively with various POBS departments to advance development goals for the institution, understand specific needs, and secure corporate support.
- Develop and manage all aspects of POBS corporate sponsorship program, including creation of sponsorship levels for specific programs/events and the development of corporate solicitation marketing, promotional, support, and recognition materials.
- Work with Marketing Manager to identify and secure media partnerships, including free advertising, blog partnerships, social media exposure and other advertising opportunities.
- Ensure sponsor/donor recognition, gift acknowledgment, and benefit fulfillment.
- Facilitate POBS’ participation in the EITC program with PA DCED (renewal, approvals, and solicitation of corporate donors; reports for DCED) as well as local employee giving programs.
- In collaboration with Development and Events Coordinator, plan and manage events for corporate donors and prospects, including but not limited to business breakfasts and annual gala.
- Plan and manage 10 volunteer days, annually, for corporate teams.
- Initiate and participate in donor meetings which may include, when appropriate, Executive Director, other development team members, and key staff.
- Together with the Advancement team, manage and maintain donor records in CRM system (Salesforce) in order to track progress to goals, maintain and keep current donor information.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Advancement Department administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Passionate about POBS’ mission.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior technology skills, specifically Microsoft Office products, Salesforce database management, and Google products.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sound decision-making judgment.
- Experience in project management; fundraising event experience preferred.
- Attend Facilitation & Technical skills training (3-day) and Outward Bound Professional trainings offered annually by POBS
- Experience facilitating with adults and a wide range of clients preferred, and/or a strong desire to be present and involved with client’s process.
- Desire to self-start and manage projects with specific goals, measurables and deadlines from start to finish with support.
- Strong personal motivation, initiative, follow through and commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Thoughtful and discrete in handling confidential and sensitive donor information.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising, project management, volunteer coordination or related field, preferably with US corporations, or foundations and/or major donors (non-profit experience preferred).
- Facilitation experience preferred.
- Night and weekend work may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan, Paid Time Off and, when eligible, 401(k) retirement plan.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Please send a cover letter and resume by January 25, 2019.