Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS)’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS - serving PA, NJ and northern DE - is one of 11 regional Outward Bound USA schools.
A robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 5,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that inspire character development, leadership and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator supports the Marketing Manager in reaching audience engagement goals and advancing the mission of the Philadelphia Outward Bound School through external communications across channels. This position is pivotal in delivering the “voice” and brand of Outward Bound on social media and through print and digital design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Social Media Management
- Create and schedule daily content for POBS’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) that engages POBS target audiences
- Curate photos, videos and stories from the field that highlight POBS’ impact on students, schools and community.
- Archive and organize participant stories.
- Manage POBS digital assets library and edit and enhance all photos and videos for POBS marketing and communications needs.
- In coordination with POBS Marketing Manager design print and digital collateral, including presentations, direct mail, branded imagery, flyers and promotional materials.
- Develop rich dynamic content that is consistent with POBS’ brand manual (for blog, social media, website, and print communications), using Adobe design software and other digital tools.
- Create and deliver timely content updates to webpages and blog on a weekly to bimonthly basis.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Advancement Department administrative support as needed.
- Work across departments to gather needed materials and information.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Passionate about POBS’ mission.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to meet deadlines and thrive in a high-paced work environment.
- Design experience with Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro).
- Basic video editing skills preferred.
- Website editing and management experience preferred (WordPress).
- Superior technology skills, specifically Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint) and Google products.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Non-Profit Administration, or other relevant professional experience.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Expected weekly working commitment is 20 hours between Monday and Friday during business hours. Flexible work schedule can be arranged.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Night and weekend work may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume by February 12, 2019.