Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS) strives to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS serves PA, NJ, and northern DE and is one of 11 regional Outward Bound schools in the United States.
As a robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 7,500 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that encourage leadership development and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The Marketing Coordinator supports the Associate Director of Communications and works closely with the Development, Program, and Community Engagement teams. This position is pivotal in delivering POBS’ online “voice” and broadening our brand’s reach and engagement across channels. This person will be responsible for planning creative campaigns that promote POBS educational programming and fundraising efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design print and digital collateral, including flyers, invitations, presentations, web, and social media graphics. Ensure that all designs adhere to Outward Bound’s brand guidelines.
- Support the development and execution of POBS social media strategy, including all day-to-day social media efforts such as drafting, scheduling, and monitoring social media content. Regularly report on insights and engagement.
- Create content in accordance with POBS editorial calendar and communications plan. Actively seek opportunities to recognize and highlight POBS’ partners. Solicit stories from staff, students, educators, alumni, donors, and community members.
- Manage POBS’ digital asset library. Curate photos and videos from the field that highlight POBS’ impact on students, schools, and community. Edit and retouch assets as needed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work across departments to gather needed materials and information.
- Support fundraising campaigns and engagement events.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Passionate about POBS’ mission and eager to learn about Outward Bound’s history and educational framework.
- A meticulous eye for detail.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Design experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro).
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Dropbox and Google Suite.
- Basic video editing skills are preferred but not required.
- Website (WordPress) experience is a plus.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND COMPENSATION
- 1-2 years experience in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Non-Profit Administration, or other relevant professional experience.
- This is a part-time position, paid hourly at $13-$15 per hour, based on experience. Expected weekly working commitment is 24-28 hours between Monday and Friday during business hours. Flexible work schedule can be arranged.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Night and weekend work may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume by February 23, 2020.
Applicants will be requested to submit writing and design samples during the interview process. Finalists may be asked to complete a writing assignment.