Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS) strives to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS serves PA, NJ, and northern DE and is one of 11 regional Outward Bound schools in the United States.
As a robust non-profit educational organization, POBS annually engages more than 8,000 participants (youth and adults) in experiential single and multi-day programs that encourage leadership development and community service. All programs are designed to inspire participants in our communities to realize their true potential.
The Social Media Coordinator works closely with the Communications, Development, Program, and Community Engagement teams. This position is pivotal in delivering POBS’ online “voice” and broadening our brand’s reach and engagement across channels. This person will be responsible for planning creative campaigns that promote POBS educational programming and fundraising efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, execute and manage POBS social media channels, including all day-to-day social media efforts such as drafting, scheduling, and monitoring social media content. Regularly report on insights and engagement.
- Design social media graphics to engage and increase users. Ensure that all designs adhere to Outward Bound’s brand guidelines.
- Support the development and execution of POBS social media strategy, Create content in accordance with POBS editorial calendar and communications plan. Actively seek opportunities to recognize and highlight POBS’ partners. Solicit stories from staff, students, educators, alumni, donors, and community members.
- Curate photos and videos from the field that highlight POBS’ impact on students, schools, and community. Edit and retouch assets as needed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work across departments to gather needed materials and information.
- Support fundraising campaigns and engagement events.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Passionate about POBS’ mission and eager to learn about Outward Bound’s history and educational framework.
- A meticulous eye for detail.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Design experience, including familiarity with Adobe software.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Suite.
- Basic video editing skills are preferred but not required.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND COMPENSATION
- 1-2 years experience in Social Media, Marketing, Communications, or other relevant professional experience.
- Part-time schedule, 10 - 20 hours/week @ $16 - $20/hour
- Night and weekend work may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Applicants will be requested to submit writing and social media samples during the interview process.