Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the belief that people are capable of far more than they know. Founded in 1992, the mission of the Philadelphia Outward Bound School (POBS) is to change lives through challenge and discovery. POBS serves PA, NJ and northern DE, and is one of 10 regional Outward Bound USA schools.
A robust non-profit educational organization, POBS engages thousands of youth and adult participants annually in experiential educational programs that inspire character development, leadership, and community service. All programs, whether single or multi-day, are designed to help participants realize their true potential.
The Communications Specialists assists the Director of Marketing Communications in creating and disseminating information about POBS to internal and external audiences. The role includes managing and producing content for POBS social media channels, writing compelling stories for blog posts, newsletter and other collateral, shooting photos and videos, and assisting with website updates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage POBS social media channels, including all day-to-day social media efforts such as drafting, scheduling, and monitoring social media content. Regularly report on analytics and engagement.
- Shoot and curate photos and videos from the field to highlight POBS’ impact on students, schools, and community. Edit and retouch assets as needed.
- Solicit stories and testimonials from students, educators, alumni, staff, donors, and community members.
- Assist with the production of the POBS newsletter and targeted email campaigns
- Help maintain POBS website on a regular basis using WordPress
- Help promote POBS events, such alumni gatherings, and document with highlight photos/videos
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences (donors, alumni, students, parents, partner organizations, etc.)
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Skill with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite and similar software, as well as Email and Social Media Tools like Facebook (Meta) Ads Manager, MailChimp, Co-Schedule, etc.
- Design skills a plus
- Passion for Outward Bound’s mission
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a professional marketing, communications, development, or related position is desired
- Degree in related field preferred
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary starts at $42,000
- This position is eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan, Paid Time Off and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Plan provided to all employees at no cost
- Opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities to go on Outward Bound expeditions
- To apply: Please send a cover letter detailing your interest and experience, and your resume to [email protected] by May 15, 2022. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Philadelphia Outward Bound School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.