We are pleased to share that Akin Gump Philadelphia along with the Philadelphia Outward Bound School have been selected as a Philadelphia Business Journal Faces of Philanthropy honoree for our partnership!
Akin Gump is a longtime POBS supporter who recently sponsored the 2021 Building Adventure event, and it was that philanthropic initiative that earned this award.
Both organizations will be honored at a live event on April 7.
From the Philadelphia Business Journal:
Faces of Philanthropy 2022: Announcing this year’s honorees
By Lisa Dukart – Associate Editor, Philadelphia Business Journal
Feb 17, 2022
Giving is built into some organizations, which continuously seek to better the communities they work in and serve. Others are striving to implement their own social and charitable initiatives to make an impact. The Philadelphia Business Journal annually recognizes such efforts across the region through our Faces of Philanthropy program.
This year, the Business Journal is honoring 23 philanthropic partnerships between for-profit and nonprofit organizations in Greater Philadelphia. Submitted by online nomination, the honorees were selected by the editorial team for their community impact over the past year, as well as for their body of charitable work over multiple years.
To be considered, all organizations involved in a partnership must be located within Greater Philadelphia.
Honorees will be celebrated at a live event at Rivers Casino on April 7 and in a special edition of the Business Journal on April 8.
This year’s Faces of Philanthropy honorees are:
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld with Philadelphia Outward Bound School
- American Water with Hopeworks
- Brumbaugh Wealth Management with United Way of Chester County
- Comcast NBCUniversal with Museum of the American Revolution
- Doyle Alliance Group with Elwyn
- Fox & Roach/Trident Charities with Build Jake’s Place
- The Giant Co. with Sharing Excess
- Grimley Financial with Boys & Girls Club of Camden County
- Morgan Lewis & Bockius with The Enterprise Center
- National Association of Asian American Professionals Philadelphia Chapter with Travis Manion Foundation
- NEST with National Association of Women in Construction Philadelphia Foundation
- NeuroFlow with Independence Blue Cross and Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic
- NRG Energy with Children’s Scholarship Fund Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Convention Center, Wawa and PREIT with multiple grant recipients
- ParetoHealth with MANNA
- PECO with Philadelphia Opportunities Industrialization Center
- Penn Community Bank with Startup Bucks
- Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Jefferson Health with American Cancer Society
- Subaru of America with Camden City School District
- TD Bank with Mural Arts Philadelphia
- The Vanguard Group with Philadelphia School Partnership
- West Pharmaceutical Services with Young Men and Young Women in Charge
- WSFS with Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School